For a quick release
June 2, 2022
Washington DC and Ottawa, ON – The Sustainable Forest Development Initiative (SFI) and Project Learning Tree (PLT) are hosting a joint annual conference in Madison, Wisconsin, June 14-16.
The 2022 PLF / PLT Annual Conference is a week of learning and opportunities to discuss the most pressing issues and challenges facing the planet and people, including sustainable forest management and environmental education. Past participants include CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, conservation and community leaders, indigenous representatives, forest administrators, educators, PLT coordinators, university professors and students, and government officials.
What: SFI Media invites you to attend the 2022 SFI / PLT Annual Conference and join the joint SFI-PLT sessions (PLT-only sessions are open to the public).
Certificates are available to registered and affiliated vendors. Interviews will be provided. For more information, please contact David Folkerson, VP, Communications, SFI, 613-565-0627 or email@example.com.
When dying- Tuesday, June 14 – Thursday, June 16, 2022
Where to go Madison Concert Hotel and Rule Club, 1W Dayton Street, Madison, WI 53703
why: This year’s conference will feature participatory ideas and ideas, presented by great speakers. Events included: Best practices in climate-modern forest and fire resistance; Knowledge and tools to meet and report on Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) targets; Ways to be a leader in promoting opportunities for different communities; And resources to support the forest-reading community.
- Randy Moore, Chief, USDA Forest Service
- Heather Berklund, Capital Forrest, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Mike Doss, President and CEO, Graphic Package International
- Deb Phillips Ryba, Nice-Pak and PDI, Global Director of CSR and Sustainability
- Dan Lambe, president, board member of the Arbor Day Foundation and SFI board
- Asia Dowtin, Assistant Professor of Urban and Community Forest Development, Michigan State University
- Steve Rigdon, general manager of Yakama Forest Products
- Collaborate to meet ESG goals Environmental, social and governance (ESG) frameworks have become increasingly important to investors, policymakers, regulators, consumers, workers and civil society. Learn about the importance of ESG for investors, the forest sector’s evolutionary ESG goals, and how SFI programs add value to ESG and sustainability reporting.
- Fire and Climate Resilience — Healthy Forests and Community Participation Sustainable forests are our most important tool in tackling climate change and wildfires. Learn how SFI-certified organizations address new SFI standards for climate-modern forest and fire resistance and awareness.
- SFI Protection Impact Project — Ten Years of Success This session will review two key projects that have contributed to the SFI Protection Impact Portfolio, including the recent release of the SFI Protection Impact Decades of Success. ” Learn how forest and fiber supply chains are changing perceptions of how to protect against climate change, biodiversity and water.
- Promoting opportunities for diverse communities in the forest sector Change solutions are needed to create more inclusive and sustainable communities. Learn about the efforts of SFI and partners in the forest and conservation sector to support diverse and resilient manpower efforts to support professional awareness, employment, mentoring and other opportunities.
- Developing forest knowledgeable citizens By acquiring forest knowledge, people will receive the tools and knowledge they need to sustain our forests in the long run, and they will benefit. By supporting a forest literate community, we explore the role of the private and public sectors and the tools available to achieve that goal.
- Urban and community forests — for environmental and social health cooperation Urban and community forests provide social, environmental and economic benefits. Explore how urban and community forests provide opportunities to engage new audiences through management practices and learning tools.
For a full list of activities and speakers, please visit the conference website.