Apriadi Gunawan (The Jakarta Post)
Tue, July 19, 2022
One person has been killed in a forest and brush fire in the Toba Lake tourist area of Muara district in North Tapanuli regency, North Sumatra, which continues to spread.
As of Monday afternoon, the fire had burned through 50 hectares in the mountainous region, and local authorities are experiencing difficulty containing it.
North Sumatra Forestry Agency chief Herianto said it had deployed firefighters to the area, but that the hilly terrain and lack of equipment were posing a challenge.
to Read Full Story
Starting from IDR 55,500/month
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription